Ari H. Marcus
Direct Line: (732) 695-3282 ext. 103
Ari H. Marcus, Esq. formerly of Marcus Law, LLC is the managing partner at Marcus Zelman, LLC. Ari attended Brooklyn Law School where he graduated cum laude in 2010.
Ari focuses his practice on individual and class action consumer protection litigation, specifically involving Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and Telephone Consumer Protection Act cases.
He was appointed class counsel in consumer law cases including:
- Jackson v. RMB, Inc. – Docket Number 2:14-cv-02205
- Krady v. A-1 – Docket Number 3:14-cv-07062
- Erickson v. Elliot Bay Adjustment Company, Inc., 2:16-cv-00391-JLR (W.D. Wa. March 29, 2017)
- Willemsen v. Professional Recovery Services – Docket Number: 1:14-cv-06421
- Truglio v. CBE Group, Civil Case No. 3:15-cv-03813 (DNJ 2017)
- Hartman v. Medicredit, Inc., 2:15-cv-01596 (W.D. Pa. 2017)
- Willis and Shvarts v. Iheartmedia, Inc. Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois – Case No. 16ch02455
- O’Brien v. Waldman & Kaplan, P.A., Civil Case No. 3:15-cv-07429-BRM-LHG (DNJ 2017)
- Town and Country Jewelers, LLC v. Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Civil Case No. 3:15-cv-02519-PGS-LHG (DNJ 2017)
- Etienne v. Reliant Capital Solutions, LLC, Civil Case No. 1:16-cv-02359-WFK-JO (EDNY 2017)
Mr. Marcus is licensed in
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States District Court of New Jersey
- United States Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for Colorado
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- Member of New York and New Jersey Bar
- Member of New Jersey Bar Association and Monmouth County Bar Association
- Member of American Bar Association
- Member of National Association of Consumer Advocates
- NJSBA’s Consumer Protection Law NJICLE – Consumer Relief in automatic dial, spam texts, and junk fax cases (Middlesex, NJ November 2017)
- 2016 Credit Symposium (Chicago, IL – March 2016)
- American Bar Association Business Law Section Annual Meeting: The Evolution of Standing in Debt Collection: It’s Impact on Litigation and Compliance Practices (Boston, MA – Sept. 2016)
FEATURED IN THE NEWS:
- https://www.insidearm.com/news/00043255-3rd-circuit-2nd-collection-letter-within-/ – Marcus & Zelman wins 3rd Circuit FDCPA appeal.
- http://www.leagle.com/ – Marcus & Zelman, LLC wins a summary judgment motion against a debt collector who violated the FDCPA.
- http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/142152/iheartmedia-sued-over-text-message-ads – Article about a class action lawsuit we filed against iHeart Media alleging they violated the TCPA for sending out spam texts.
- http://dev.webrecon.com/debt-collection-litigation-cfpb-complaint-statistics-may-2015/ – Web Recon, LLC ranks the most active attorney’s in the consumer field in the country. In a recent ranking, Ari H. Marcus, Esq. of Marcus Zelman, LLC was ranked fourth highest most active attorney for the month of May and tenth highest for 2015.
- http://www.njlawjournal.com/id=1202715981660/Class-Action-Targets-Stark-amp-Starks – New Jersey Law Journal wrote about a class action lawsuit we filed against Stark & Stark for a consumer who alleged her rights were violated under the FDCPA.
- http://www.leagle.com/ – Leagle published a court’s order on a motion to dismiss we defeated against a collection agency we alleged that falsely represented the amount of the debt.
- http://www.newyorklawjournal.com/ – The New York Law Journal wrote an article about a motion we defeated against a collection agency who we alleged confused the recipient of his right to dispute the debt.
- http://www.law360.com/articles/640518/holiday-cruise-line-text-ads-draw-consumer-ire-in-tcpa-row – Article about a class action lawsuit we filed against a cruise line for sending out unsolicited spam text messages
- http://www.leagle.com/ – Our firm defeated a motion to dismiss against a debt collector who we alleged violated the FDCPA by revealing potentially private information on the envelope the collection letter was sent in.